October 11, 2011
Mission Critical One-Pager
Related Studies & Resources
Alarmed by Growing Cybersecurity Threats, America’s CEOs Say More Effective Response Must Be Urgent National Priority
“Mission Critical: A Public-Private Strategy for Information Security” lays out a strategy for a more modern, flexible and collaborative approach to safeguarding America’s economic and national security assets from cybersecurity risks.
BRT CEOs are committed to strong private-sector cybersecurity protections – including CEO involvement and board oversight – and they call upon government to do its part by:
- Integrating the full resources of the U.S. government, including defense, intelligence, homeland security, diplomatic, economic and trade assets, to protect the strategic information systems of the United States;
- Avoiding a top-down, prescriptive, check-the-box approach that is poorly matched to a rapidly evolving threat environment and the reality of privately owned and operated information assets;
- Providing U.S. businesses with the tools they need to collaboratively combat global cybersecurity threats, including:
- Formal information sharing mechanisms with appropriate legal protections;
- Technical cooperation; and
- Strategic threat assessments; and
- Strengthening criminal penalties and sentencing for cyber crimes.
More Effective Cybersecurity Will Help Sustain U.S. Information Technology Leadership, Protect Strategic Economic Assets