Business Roundtable is an association of chief executive officers of leading U.S. companies working to promote a thriving economy and expanded opportunity for all Americans through sound public policy.
With more than 25 percent of U.S. GDP represented by international trade and investment, and nearly one-in-five U.S. jobs supported by trade, the international marketplace is more important to our nation’s economy than ever before.
But the language of trade is often complex and sometimes misleading. To foster understanding, Business Roundtable has developed The Language of Trade, a handy reference guide designed to facilitate the work that must be done to achieve the following critical goals:
- Craft U.S. trade agreements that work best for American companies and workers;
- Reduce unfair foreign barriers to U.S. exports;
- Close gaps in investment protection and international tax treatment;
- Win the race for exports and jobs by negotiating new trade agreements; and
- Help bring the benefits of trade and investment to the world’s poor.
If you need additional copies or want to know more about trade and other Business Roundtable resources, visit www.brt.org.