Business Roundtable’s Climate RESOLVE (Responsible Environmental Steps, Opportunities to Lead by Voluntary Efforts), now in its sixth year, has educated, motivated and inspired Business Roundtable member companies to take action to reduce their greenhouse gases (GHG) and address the issue of climate change. Climate RESOLVE is the only broad-based business initiative dedicated to helping its members reduce their GHG emissions through one-on-one counseling, learning sessions, workshops, networking opportunities and exposure to member company best practices. The initiative has spurred greater awareness of climate issues in the business community and motivated many companies to develop policies and strategies for managing their emissions.
What we have accomplished:
- We have motivated more than 70 percent of Business Roundtable’s membership to take action to address climate change;
- Conducted five full workshops, each widely attended;
- Coordinated more than 50 learning sessions on energy efficiency, green power, government programs, GHG management, best practices and success stories, power, lighting, heating and cooling, to name a few;
- Provided one-on-one counseling and created comprehensive member tools and resources for participating companies; and
- Created a new pilot metrics program for companies to report their GHG emissions.
- Strive for 100 percent participation by Business Roundtable members;
- Provide the latest relevant domestic and global climate information;
- Expand and improve metrics and reporting; and
- Share success stories and best practices.