Business Roundtable is an association of chief executive officers of leading U.S. companies working to promote a thriving economy and expanded opportunity for all Americans through sound public policy.
Business Roundtable’s (BRT) newly updated The Language and Benefits of Trade is an easy to use guide that offers the latest facts, figures, definitions and acronyms to help you navigate the often-complex world of international trade and investment policy. You can find it here. Watch for additional trade resources soon.
BRT also recently released its overall 2013 CEO Growth Agenda. In the trade area, the CEOs of BRT call on U.S. policymakers to expand international trade opportunities and eliminate market barriers to help support U.S. economic growth. Specifically, among other things, the United States should:
- Aggressively pursue bilateral and regional initiatives, such as the ongoing Trans-Pacific Partnership and a proposed Trans-Atlantic Partnership.
- Actively pursue multilateral and plurilateral negotiations, like a Trade Facilitation Agreement and an International Services Agreement.
- Provide the President with new and updated international trade and investment negotiating authority.
- Advance negotiations on bilateral investment treaties with key trading partners, including China and India.
- Vigorously enforce U.S. rights to open markets under existing and future international agreements.
- Constructively engage China and other emerging growth countries.
- Eliminate U.S. regulatory impediments to exports, such as outdated export controls.