As part of the new Business Roundtable (BRT) “It’s Time to Act” campaign launched today, in a series of videos and print, radio and online ads, America’s top CEOs are calling on policymakers to end the crippling uncertainty that is stifling business investment and hiring.
- Dave Cote, Chairman & CEO, Honeywell International, Inc.: “If the last debt ceiling discussion was playing with fire, this time they’re playing with nitroglycerin. It’s important to recognize that the stakes have gone up across the board when you combine the debt ceiling with the fiscal cliff.”
- Ursula Burns, Chairman & CEO, Xerox: “The looming fiscal cliff is creating even more uncertainty. Economic recovery will remain stalled until Washington resolves this fiscal crisis and starts focusing on longer-term solutions next year.”
- Andrew Liveris, Chairman & CEO, Dow Chemical Company: “This country must show the world we can be fiscally responsible. Both sides of the aisle need to get to work if we are to overcome our current economic challenges. Business and capital hate uncertainty, and the reality is that our current political impasses are creating precisely that.”
- Jeffrey Immelt, Chairman & CEO, General Electric: “If [the fiscal cliff] does happen, that’s a failure of governance, and that’s something we shouldn’t expect.”
- Gary Loveman, Chairman, President & CEO, Caesars Entertainment: “The most important thing is to make sure that the fiscal cliff issues are resolved successfully and expeditiously so that we can engage a higher level of growth for the country.”
To learn more about BRT’s “It’s Time to Act” campaign, visit brt.org/itstimetoact.