Business Roundtable is an association of chief executive officers of leading U.S. companies working to promote a thriving economy and expanded opportunity for all Americans through sound public policy.
Beyond Commencement: What Does a High School Diploma Mean?
- Almost a third of graduates completed a college-ready sequence alone.
- Just over one in 10 graduates completed a career curriculum, but not a college curriculum.
- Just 8 percent of graduates completed a full college- and career-prep curriculum.
- One in seven graduates who did complete a college, career or combined curriculum did not demonstrate mastery of that curriculum.
- Nearly half of graduates did not complete a college- or a career-ready course sequence at all.