President and Chief Executive Officer, Campbell Soup Company
Denise Morrison became President and Chief Executive Officer of Campbell Soup Company on August 1, 2011. She was elected a Director of the company in October 2010. Denise is Campbell’s 12th leader in the company’s 140-year history.
Campbell is a global manufacturer and marketer of high-quality consumer food products. The portfolio is focused on simple meals, heavily anchored by Campbell’s soup; baked snacks, with Pepperidge Farm in North America and Arnott’s in Asia-Pacific; and healthy beverages.
Denise joined Campbell in April 2003 as President-Global Sales and Chief Customer Officer, and was named President-Campbell USA in June 2005. She was named Senior Vice President and President-North America Soup, Sauces and Beverages in October 2007 and handled the Campbell USA, North America Foodservice, and Campbell Canada businesses. She was appointed Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer in October 2010, leading all of Campbell’s global businesses, corporate strategy, global advertising & design and research & development.
Previously, she served as Executive Vice President and General Manager of Kraft Foods’ Snacks and Confections divisions, responsible for leading brands such as Planters nuts, Life Savers candies, and Altoids mints.
Denise began her career in the sales organization at Procter & Gamble in Boston, Mass. She later joined Pepsi-Cola in Trade and Business Development. She then spent most of the 1980s at Nestle USA, where she held senior marketing and sales positions, including Business Director for Confections Marketing, National Sales Manager Frozen/Chilled, and Vice President of Marketing and Sales for Nestle Ice Cream Company.
In 1995, Denise moved to Nabisco Inc. She served as Senior Vice President and led the Nabisco Food Company’s sales organization and was General Manager for the Down the Street division.
Denise serves on the board of the Grocery Manufacturers Association and is the chair of its Health & Wellness Committee. She is a founding member of the Healthy Weight Commitment Foundation, an initiative composed of manufacturers and retailers designed to combat obesity in the marketplace, workplace, and in schools through communication and education. Denise is also on the board of the Consumer Goods Forum. Non-profit boards include Students In Free Enterprise.
Denise formerly served on the boards of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, Ballard Power Systems and as the chair of Catalyst’s Advisory Board.
Denise has been recognized with many prestigious awards, including:
• 50 Most Powerful Women, Fortune, 2011
• Power 50, Supermarket News, 2011
• “Woman of Distinction” American Heart Association of New Jersey, 2010.
• One of the 50 Most Influential Irish Women, Irish Voice 2010.
• Trailblazer award, Philadelphia Magazine, 2010.
• “Top Woman in Grocery,” Progressive Grocer magazine, 2008, 2009, and 2010.
• One of the Top 50 Women in Business in the State of N.J., NJBIZ magazine, 2008.
• One of the Top 50 Women to Watch, Wall Street Journal, 2007.
• “Aiming High Award” by Legal Momentum, 2007.
• Garden State “Woman of the Year” for Corporations, Garden State Women magazine, 2007.
• “Salute to Policy Makers” award, Executive Women of New Jersey, 2007.
• “Executive of the Year,” Snack Food & Bakery magazine, 2003.
• “Althea Gibson Beacon Award” for Business Leadership, 2003.
• New Jersey “Woman of Influence,” NJBIZ magazine, 2003.
• New York YWCA Academy of Women Achievers, 2001.
Denise earned her B.S. degree in economics and psychology from Boston College, graduating magna cum laude. She was inducted into the Order of the Cross and Crown Honor Society for academic and extracurricular achievement. She is married to Tom and has two daughters, Michelle and Kelly.