November 26, 2012
Target: Active Engagement and a Team Approach to a Healthy Workforce
Related Studies & Resources
- Target believes that consumer-driven care isn’t enough to inspire a culture of health and wellness. To succeed, companies must think beyond benefits.
- Target takes a holistic approach to the well-being of its team members. The Be You. Be Target. movement helps team members achieve personal well-being by focusing on five elements that make life meaningful: physical health, financial security, career engagement, social connections and community involvement.
Through Be You. Be Target., Target empowers team members to engage actively in their health and overall well-being by leveraging:
- Well-being Captains at every Target location who support team members in reaching their health and well-being goals;
- Simplified plan designs, transparency tools and health literacy support to help team members maximize benefit coverage by focusing on cost and quality;
- Programs and support to more effectively manage chronic conditions; and
- Prevention education and access to onsite preventive services, making it easy to get recommended care.
- Target’s company-wide culture of well-being has demonstrated positive results for its business and for its communities. A multi-year quantitative measurement study by Gallup demonstrated positive correlations between Target’s well-being culture and increased store sales, employee retention and community volunteerism.
To learn more about BRT companies innovating health care, visit http://businessroundtable.org/committees/consumer-health-retirement/.