The Keystone XL project is KEY to U.S. job creation, economic growth and energy security. After an exhaustive three-year review, numerous public meetings and multiple comment periods, the Department of State’s final Federal Environmental Impact Statement found that there are no substantial environmental concerns that should prohibit approval of the permit to allow this project to move forward. The decision to approve this KEY project to job creation, economic growth and energy security should be an easy one for the Administration to make.
KEY to U.S. Jobs
- The U.S. State Department estimates that, over a two-year period, the Keystone XL project would directly employ 5,000 – 6,000 workers.
- Longer term, the Canadian Energy Research Institute (CERI) estimates that economic growth generated by the Keystone XL project and the new energy resources it will deliver to America will result in an additional 85,000 new U.S. jobs between now and 2035.
KEY to Economic Growth
- According to CERI, Keystone XL would add $150 billion to U.S. GDP between now and 2035.
- Economists estimate* Keystone XL would boost local retail sales by $2.3 billion and generate an additional $6.5 billion in personal income.
*The Impact of Developing the Keystone XL Pipeline Project on Business Activity in the US, The Perryman Group, June 2010.
KEY to Energy Security
- Keystone XL would provide Americans with 700,000 barrels a day of new oil supplies from North America.
- North American oil from Keystone XL could potentially replace more than one-third of the oil currently imported from the Middle East.
Jobs … Economy … Energy Security … KEYstone is the KEY.
Latest BRT News
Momentum for America
In 2016, Business Roundtable will focus its efforts on greater job expansion and economic growth – national priorities that are inextricably linked. Informing our plan is our collective business experience as CEOs of America’s leading companies, experience that tells us what it takes to build momentum for the United States in in 2016 and beyond.