- As a pharmacy innovation company, CVS Caremark is dedicated to putting people on the path to better health. The company believes its commitment to health is not limited to its customers, but begins with its employees.
- CVS Caremark is leveraging its insights on how to care for and treat its customers to guide how to improve employee health and wellness.
- Just as the company has shown intervention of pharmacists in the retail setting has shown an increase in medication adherence, the company believes similarly engaging employees through intranet health portals will also yield positive health outcomes.
- Employees who are treated in the company’s MinuteClinic facilities have health care costs 8 percent lower than others.
- In 2010, CVS Caremark launched its points-based incentive program, WellRewards, to encourage healthy behavior amongst its employees. Additionally, that same year, the company also established a $180 incentive for employees who complete its Wellness Review health care questionnaire.
- The company has over 200,000 employees throughout the country – 75 percent of whom work in CVS/pharmacy stores and therefore do not have access to company email or intranet.
- Recognizing its vast, diverse workforce, and the communications challenges this poses, CVS Caremark used its consumer marketing experience to develop tailored, targeted communications to its employees to increase participation in the Wellness Review survey. Through tailored communications, the company exceeded its expectations and received a 60 percent employee response rate.
- As a result of the company’s efforts, CVS Caremark is now on target to hit 75 percent wellness program participation in 2012.
Latest BRT News
Momentum for America
In 2016, Business Roundtable will focus its efforts on greater job expansion and economic growth – national priorities that are inextricably linked. Informing our plan is our collective business experience as CEOs of America’s leading companies, experience that tells us what it takes to build momentum for the United States in in 2016 and beyond.